Desangpani Khamyang Buddhist Temple
Desangpani Buddhist Temple is situated at Desangpani village in Charaideo district, which is about 60 KMs from Sivasagar. Dominated by the Shyam or Tai Khamyang people, who established the village in the year 1836. As years passed by, the villagers gradually constructed a permanent Desangpani Buddhist temple in 1936. Completed in 1946, the temple was dedicated to the entire community.
In 1950, the burial ashes of the main disciple of Lord Buddha, SariPutta Maha Mangalion had been brought to Desangpani in aid of Sodou Asom Buddha Mahatsabha. This invited a lot of followers to offer respect to the devout disciple of Lord Buddha. Today, the place is of great religious importance and attracts tourists from different parts of the globe.
Desangpani Khamyang Buddhist Temple is under the juridiction of Kakotibari PS. Their contact number as per our record is 060269-00282.
Nearest Madical Facilty to Desangpani Khamyang Buddhist Temple is Desangpani PHC. Their contact number as per our record is .