Central Baptist Church
Central Baptist Church, the oldest church in North East India was established in the year 1845 by American Baptist Missionaries. Rev. Nathan Brown was the first pastor of this historical church. He along with his associates, Rev. Miles Bronson, Oliver Cutter and William Ward collectively brought about a new wave in the history of the Assamese language during the British rule. The first Assamese Language magazine Arunodoi (English meaning Sunrise) was published in 1846 in the mission press where many local members of the Church were engaged.
The magazine created a new era in the world of Assamese literature that emphasized on the growth and development of Assamese language. The central Baptist church is known as the Mother Church of the Naga Churches because from this church Rev. E.W. Clark and Mr. Gendhela Barua, later known as Godhula Brown took the gospel to the Naga hills in 1871. This Baptist forum stood the test of time with a history of 175 years.
Central Baptist Church is under the juridiction of Sivasagar PS. Their contact number as per our record is 03222-222923.
Nearest Madical Facilty to Central Baptist Church is Sivasagar Civil Hospital. Their contact number as per our record is 060267-40139.