This majestic palace in ancient Rangpur at a distance of 4 KM away from Sivasagar town, is one of the main spots of tourist attraction and is a marvel of Ahom architecture. It is a seven storied palace having three storeys underground known as Talatal Ghar and the upper storeys known as Kareng Ghar built by King Rudra Singha (1696-1714). An architectural marvel, the Talatal ghar is a well planned brick-wall compound, which housed the royal court, administrative offices, as well as the military headquarters of Ahom Kingdom.
It also had two underground tunnels from Talatal ghar connecting Dikhow River and Gargaon Palace which were later closed by East India Company. The palace underwent several alterations during the rule of the successors of King Rudra Singha. The present structure which is the largest of all Ahom monuments was made by King Rajeswar Singha in the period of 1751-69. This palace is also surrounded by embankment and brick-wall rampart- known as Garh in Assamese.
Talatal Ghar is under the juridiction of Sivasagar PS. Their contact number as per our record is 03222-222923.
Nearest Madical Facilty to Talatal Ghar is Sivasagar Civil Hospital. Their contact number as per our record is 060267-40139.